Sunday, February 21, 2010

Sunday

Here’s What’s happening …..
~~~
In My Kitchen ….
We had brunch today. I made grits, scrambled eggs, homemade bread toast and juice.
Tonight John is cooking.....I love having a meal off!
~~~~
With The Children …..
Time to brag for this grandma! Crystal has 3 beautiful children and I am proud and thankful for all three. I sure do miss them. My heart is in Georgia to be sure. Nicole has one precious and beautiful daughter and I need a hug from Zoe.

Adam is in his senior year and he placed 6TH in the state of Ga in wrestling yesterday. What an accomplishment! You can see his picture here in yesterday's paper:
http://www.lagrangenews.com/view/full_story/6368466/article-Seniors-lead-Troup?instance=news_special_coverage_right_column
~~~~~
What I’m Reading …
I like to read something light over the week-end and picked up an old an loved friend....."The Shepherd of the Hills" by Harold Bell Wright. I was introduced to this book by my precious Aunt Ellen. In fact she gave me a copy of my first book.....I lost that thanks to Babb Adams a former pastor who saw it on my shelf and told me he needed it and I would not see it again....That was fine with me since he was and is a special pastor to me. If I remember right it had a part in having found the Lord. It is a good story but the thread of Salvation is running through the book.
I love the old movie made from it starring a very young John Wayne. Nicole and I did get to see the play in Branson and I suggest you all go and see it to. Reading this book again is like visiting long lost friends.
Here is a bit about the book:
http://www.oldmatt.com/home.php
~~~~~~~
What I Have Been Learning …
“Patience is the ability to idle your motor when you feel like stripping your gears.”Barbara Johnson
~~~~~~~~~

On The Back Burner of My Mind ….
Are memories.....My Great Aunt Fannie....one of my 3 Aunties. She was the oldest of the three and loved to play with our kids. I rode her foot like it was a horse so many times.I know her ankle was tired but she kept playing! She loved to cook, her chickens in their hen house in the back of their town lot, loved the garden and most of all loved the Lord and lived her faith.



This was a family gathering...so many precious faces!My dad looks so young here. I sure do miss him! Uncle Amos is so handsome....Aunt Mabel looks as sweet as I remember her....UncleBen has that smile and I can here his laugh as I write this....Don and Joyce we were so small...What a precious family....we need to get together again!

In The Deepest Darkest Recesses ….
I long for the simplicity of life back than.....we seemed to have time to visit often and stay all day. We looking cooking for family gatherings and getting ready. There was such excitement in planning and such fun playing together....I remember croquet and ball...board games and hopscotch.....jumping rope and churning ice cream and eating it.....We had time for each other...willing to help without question because family was family.....yes, I long for that simplicity.

2 comments:

Kathy said...

So glad you're writing again Donna. You have wonderful insights to share. Is the picture of Aunt Fanny?

donnag said...

Kathy it is....she is so cute!