Saturday, February 27, 2010

Here’s What’s happening …..

In My Kitchen ….
I just made breakfast sandwiches for John and myself. They sure were good.Yesterday I made 3 huge pots of chicken corn soup. After the snow storm here a chicken house rood fell in. The chickens all were out and so the owner allowed folks to come and catch them free. The boys I tutor father and uncle caught 184 and dressed them. They gave me 10. I wanted to thank them and so I made the soup. The one gave corn she put up, the other the celery and so I made it. I must say it was great
!~~~~~~~~~~~
With The Children ….. Since I have no children at home I will share what I am doing with the 2 boys I home school.Yesterday we worked on math, did some more on the Revolutionary War and George Washington.
~~~~~~~~~~~
What I’m Reading …John had a appointment in Charlottesville and I took along the book by Brennan Manning called "Ruthless Trust...The Ragamuffin's Path to God"I am amazed at his writing each time I open one of his books. He is so open and honest and I can understand where he is coming from. He spoke at the church we attended in Florida several times and I loved those times. I think he makes me journal more than any author.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
What I Have Been Learning …
Trust in not easy. I worry about folks that do not understand this.....are they for real?
In this book he says:
Faith+hope= trust."Faith arises from the Personal experience of Jesus as Lord. Hope is reliance of the promise of Jesus, accompanied by the expectation of fulfillment. Trust is the winsome wedding of faith and hope."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

On The Back Burner of My Mind ….Mom may not be up today. She has turned today into mourning. She and dad would have celebrated 68 years of marriage today. Instead of being thankful for the 65 years they had together she has decided to be bitter. All week had been downhill. It is hard to handle....I have so many great memories of their love and life. I just wish mom would decide to see that.
The first picture is celebrating their life in Sarasota, Florida. I wish I knew who all are in the second picture.....so I need help. I asked mom to tell me but she refused to look at the picture and threatened to tear it up if I brought it back again. I know she is in the white.....

The last 2 are the wedding. Uncle Ben was dad's best man and Helen Kraybill was mom's Maid Of Honor.

Looking at these has made me feel the loss of Dad again. How I miss his hugs, smiles and answer to me when ever I talked to him.....it went like this:
"Dad, I love you" and his answer...
"Honey Dear, you will never know how much I love you."
I wish I could hear that just one more time.


In The Deepest Darkest Recesses ….
I am frustrated with doctors....Thursday was a better time with the neurologist for John and I.
We now have to go to the pain clinic to see about where they can do "shots" to control his pain. He was put on a strong med at night for his headaches. The are trying to keep from any type of surgery. They do not want to commit to a cause.....they still are studying his MRI's and test results and we wait and wait.....one alarming thing to me was John did not feel sharp points hitting his left arm and did not feel hot nor cold. She seemed concerned also. So keep praying with us.

No comments: