Tuesday, June 24, 2008

I AM THANKFUL FOR NATURE


I thought I would post using the “One Thousand Gift’s” challenge.I still am thinking about Tasha Tudor and her life and how it made me stop and think. To see nature we have to do that. It really is like the poem that tells us to stop and smell the roses.


No 7 in my list …. I am so very thankful for the love instilled in me by my family to stop and enjoy NATURE.

I remember my Aunt Emily singing as we traveled past pastures with cattle.

“He owns the cattle on a thousand hills,The wealth in every mine;

He owns the rivers and the rocks and rills,The sun and stars that shine.

Wonderful riches, more than tongue can tell -He is my Father so they're mine as well;

He owns the cattle on a thousand hills -I know that He will care for me.”


Did you know that comes from Psalm 50:10? Look it up…


Or she would sing as we went to Camp Hebron or the mountains “ Fairest Lord Jesus”

To see the words go here:


How I love that song!


Grandma used to love to watch birds and that instilled in me the love for our feathered friends.I can still watch them in the city and have a Cardinal that comes and sings for me each morning on my balcony.


Streams, rivers and lakes became so real to me through poetry or books I read. I was fascinated by the words used to describe these bodies of water. I used to love when we were in the mountains and I could find a large rock or log to sit on and read or write in my journal. That was some of the best times I remember and I still thrill going to Helen, Ga and doing the very same. I am at peace with myself and feel God so very close.Yes, nature means the world to me!


SUNRISE...


SUNSET...
HIS CREATURES...
BIRDS...
LAZY RIVERS...


All this beauty is created by our mighty God. Celebrate nature with me! God is good to us to give us so much beauty and how do we thank him? We must care for the earth He made. I believe He requires that of us as His sons and daughters.
(The pictures are taken by my husband. They are in in Florida at a State Park by Sorrento. The "Bambi" is taken several in Duluth, Ga where my husband made a nature trail by the Chattahoochee River. The one on the top is in Oregon where we married.)



No comments: