Saturday, March 1, 2008

FEW PICTURES OF MY PARENTS NEW HOME

This is their dinning room. They took the table and chairs and mom sure enjoys the built in china closet!
They have a spacious living room. I hope they can get a new couch and love seat soon.
Dad will enjoy the desk a lot. He had been missing one. They plan to paint the shelves.

The home is nice and light with a big screened in porch. There is a patio table out there and chairs and nice lamps. The birds and squirrels are quite busy in the trees and they can watch them. We had such fun watching a pair of Pileated Woodpeckers. Here is a wonderful picture of one and make sure you play the sound.
http://identify.whatbird.com/obj/183/_/Pileated_Woodpecker.aspx

John picked Zoe up and got close enough that she saw them. When he told her they eats bugs she just loved it. About half an hour later she told me those red headed birds eat bugs. Than she thought and said " Nana, if I were a bird I would eat bugs too. Than they would taste good but I am not a bird and they are not good for me." For a 3 year old she is one smart little girl!

Mom and Dad are settled in pretty good. Mom is still cleaning a lot but they have met some old friends and met some new ones. She sounds upbeat when I talk to her. Dad is slowing gaining some strength. The move took a lot out of him but he is taking his scooter out and that makes me happy. He will be 88 on the 10th of this month.

1 comment:

deborah said...

Their home is beautiful and roomy!!